Rubinum, commune (Rovinj / Rovigno)

700_AR

Regestum

Istria as described in the chapters of Cosmography, penned by the anonymous Ravenna Cosmographer (Anonymus Ravennas), including the region's rendition on the famous Peutinger's Map (Tabula Peutingeriana).

Date
Undated; traditionally dated to late 7th/early 8th century, c. 700.
Place

803_CMA

Regestum

Emperor Charlemagne subordinates six episcopal sees to the Church of Aquileia, badly damaged by the incursions of the pagans; late-10th-century forgery.

Date
4th of August, 803
Place

965_RP

Regestum

Patriarch Rodoald donates Rovinj, a land that was destroyed by the "abominable Slavs", to the Bishopric of Poreč. Forged charter.

Date
20th of January, 965 (according to indiction) or 966.
Place

996_OA

Regestum

Emperor Otto III confirms the donation of six bishoprics to the Patriarchate of Aquileia issued by Charlemagne and donates three abbeys to the same Church.

Date
26th of June, 996
Place

1010_PP

Regestum

Pope Sergius IV confirms the jurisdictions of the bishops of Poreč over Rovinj, Dvigrad, and Bale that were disputed by the Aquileian patriarch John.

Date
March 1010
Place

1102_DH

Regestum

Henry of Eppenstein, duke of Carinthia, donates his castle "in the place that is called Ruvoyn" to the Church of Aquileia.

Date
1102

1379_MRI

Regestum

Since Pietro Doria, the general captain of the Genoese armada, conquered Rovinj, fort Turnina, and Umag in Istria, as well as Grado in the Dogado, and relinquished all of these territories to the Patriarchate of Aquileia, Marquard of Randeck, Aquileian patriarch, returns the favour to admiral Doria and the Commune of Genoa by bestowing upon them various privileges in the said territories, including the right to appoint their own consuls to administer justice to the Genoese, as well as the complete exemption from all the tolls and taxes.

Date
1st of August, 1379
Place

1401_EVR

Regestum

The Venetian Senate agrees to the plea presented by the envoys of Rovinj who asked that the body of Saint Euphemia, the patron saint of the town, be returned to their community since it had been stolen from them by the Genoese during the War of Chioggia and subsequently transferred to Venice.

Date
6th of May, 1401
Place